Enrolling at Willoughby Girls High School
Dear Prospective Parents
From 2018 Willoughby Girls will have a designated catchment zone which ensures that every girl who lives within this area a place if she wishes to enrol at the school. A map of the designated zone can be found at:
Year 6 into 7
- If your daughter attends Year 6 in a public primary school, you will be given a Department of Education high school expression of interest form in March. If you live within the designated catchment zone, you should indicate Willoughby Girls High School as your FIRST choice in Section B of the form.
- If you live outside the catchment zone but wish to be considered for placement at Willoughby Girls High School, you should nominate your local high school in Section B, then list Willoughby Girls High School as your FIRST choice in Section C of the form.
- Year 6 students who attend non-government schools need to complete the Expression of interest form and forward it to the school with accompanying documents listed on the form.
Year 7 Extension Class
- Willoughby Girls High School organises classes so that there is an extension class in each Year group and all other classes are parallel mixed capability groups. All students are tested across a range of skills during their first few days of Year 7, to assist the school in placing students in the appropriate class.
- In addition, Year 6 students who fulfil all other enrolment criteria outlined above (residential proximity and / or within the catchment area), are welcome to sit the Extension class test in March of Year 6, held on Saturday after Open Night. Students who gain a high score on this test are allocated a place in the Year 7 extension class prior to enrolment.
Year 7 to 12 Enrolment
- Year 7 students who wish to apply after the beginning of Year 7, should also complete the Expression of Interest form and forward this to the school.
- All applications for Years 8 to 12 need to complete the Expression of interest form, which can be forwarded to the school at any time for consideration. Residential proximity is the primary criterion for enrolment in all years.
- At times, places are available for international students. For more information, please contact the Department of Education and Communities, International Student Centre at www.schools.nsw.edu.au/gotoschool/intnl_students.
- NSW Department of Education and Communities - Schools CRICOS Provider Number 00588M.
Please refer to the schedule of payments for information about contributions and charges.
For further information, please contact the school.